Sanjib's new works are stunning, as usual.
Elegant Ashmont shines in Sanjib's almost finished portrait. Still awaiting lettering, as are all in this post.
Sweet Bella looks great as she smells the roses. Sanjib loves working with textile backgrounds and it shows.
Sadly, the beautiful Bella of the Roses is 'no more', as they say in Nepal. It looks like her friend miss her very much.
This portrait of a huge Mastiff will read 'Big Head Norman'. Can't wait to see more finals. We are getting down to the wire.
More tomorrow. Stay tuned.
You can see more about how the project works by clicking my recent series called Anatomy of a Danger Dog.
I am now in Kathmandu and accepting orders for the Nepal Art Dogs (and Cats) through November 27, 2014.
Be ahead of the pack and order today!
1. Please send me a photo of your pet. I will give it to three different artists, giving you a choice of 3 paintings and three people will get work. Each painting is about one square foot and is on metal with synthetic enamel paint. These can be hung indoors or out. Large format photos work best.
2. Let me know what you would like it to say.
3. Let me know what style of portrait you would prefer: naive, realistic, colorful, etc.
4. Tell me your pet's name and breed.
5. Send your photo to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
That's it !
Satisfaction is guaranteed as I accept no money up front. If you do not like one of the three, you pay nothing, and the 3 artists are paid in full in any case. Let me know what you want it to say and that's it!
The cost is $250 plus shipping. Shipping is around $22 per sign (to the US). And 9.75% California sales tax for California residents. For overseas orders, I find the least expensive method of shipping.
Pay after choosing your portrait.
Multiple pets on one sign cost more ($325 for Double, $400 for Triple).
Let's keep these artists painting.
This hand-painted art form is fast disappearing in Kathmandu, as it already has in most parts of the world. I pay fair trade wages, the artists get to paint again, pet lovers get a choice of three paintings for each commission, and I get to help Nepali artists make a living. Everybody is happy. Rescue dogs from America get to rescue artists from Nepal!